damn is not a curse word

i think in some way I'm experiencing level 2 of culture shock,although i have considered myself well traveled and cultured I have never actually lived overseas alone and had to deal with so many things to think about and be cautious of and constant exclamations in the middle of the day,how do I even dial out? and my bliss has been a blissful streak of smiling and new friends and happy happy happy,I was disappointed to learn I am not a super person, I just got so tired today,and something scary happened and I came home and cried,then I stopped crying then cried some more because I was so disappointed in myself for actually forming tears when I am in such a wonder full place in life.

level 2 of culture shock by the way is when your past the "honeymoon" stage and reality hits you like that one dude that's drunk at a party and thinks yours someone else who is probably a bastard. and your standing there in this crowded room and its 3am and your tired,and your just there because who knows and your like man I just got hit and it feels nasty but lets dance some more....
(thank you Austin for being the man behind this analogy,thank you drunk random guy for changing)
yea,that's kinda what its like

dinner is always at 7
and food doesn't comfort me
it just reminds me of fuel
and fuel reminds me of
opposite lanes while driving.


it has been quite nice going from this:
to this

4 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

agh.

I was sewing in darts on a skirt and I thought of you waaaaay the heck over in a place I can barely pronounce. It's got to be so different from here in every way...I cannot imagine.

chainsaw said...

i picture u sitting in a wooden chair on that hill, overlooking that fabulous view, wearing a big hat & safari print, writing wonderful words...

Jen in Budapest said...

Louisa...when did you move there? Wow...That's amazing. Culture shock is shocking to say the least....it does take awhile to settle into things or you may never feel fully settled...I'd love to hear where you are and what's going on....

Funny thing is I laughed when I read "Damn is not a curse word" because here in Budapest, I don't know if you remember some of the words that actually mean something completely different to Hungarians but that I cringe at repeating or even mentioning on this blog because it's just bad....yeah....amazing how language things change when overseas..

essa jet said...

I'm glad to know you made it to SA safely.
sad to know it's be a bit of a rough time..tho i totally understand the whole crying, then not crying, then crying again thing :/


The scenery looks absolutely breathtaking...hope school is as beautiful for you. and thanks for reminding me about Austin's party adventure...i kinda smiled/pitied him all over again.. :)

mucho luve.
essa jet