Rabbit foot memory

From the archives. 2007.


I was reminding myself

to stop looking at my watch

my hair was halfway up,quite dark

I kept spelling out the sen-tance


"get up,get up"


have I mentioned

I have remained.

yes,remained

quite,white.

avoiding the dark hallways

that host games

all through the night.


take yourself back to

summers

and hearts

that leaped

so willingly


take yourself back

to airports

and waiting to board

and leaving

and coming

and always leaving

and gingerale

and my phone is dead.

shoot.

and my phone..is.




now look at my face

have I not grown all these seeds myself?



now look down at your feet

you have been idle.

your hands your nose your heart your feet your face your hands your hair your ways.


now now now now.



look at my face



have you not known that I have only waited for you?




all these years and all these days.


ships rot,and shirts have lost their stiffness

around their colllar

around your face.





have you not known

I have only

ONLY.




‘07

Lola 

No comments: