What I've learned from ink pens

my first semester in art school
i had no idea how dark the corners actually were
my light was bright
how could theres not be
art should be pure
creativity should insipre
but I was just nieve.


I boarded this magnificant ship. filled with passengers,same destination as me.

we all had our tickets punched.
mine was the shape of a lung
his was the shape of a tree.

sometimes i despise art.
then
i realize i simply despise the perversion behind some creative minds.
creativity in a honest
pure
untainted form
is...insane...
its perfect..

it is iving up to everything it was designed to be.


art school has dark hallways. life has dark houses. and our minds have dark corners.

luckily we are equipped with flashlights.

we just need to turn them on.

3 comments:

valerielee said...

I found your blog from Allie's and I saw that you had commented on hers. I started to read yours. I really enjoy your writing...I especially like the comment about the flashlight!~ val lancaster

Anonymous said...

thank you so much! very kind of you to say.

Allie, Dearest said...

plus, louisa is brilliant.

just thought that was important to say at some point.