GLASS

this is the way I express to you
my relationship with time and energy and time
and the way she dances gracefully around my
impatient
being
my restless
ankles

It starts with a happy thought
which blooms into something
grey
something
odd

something so perfect
something so strange

I can't stop feeling for that boy outside the love of his life's window in the movies

hes got 24 rocks
its 3 o clock in the morning
hes got
sweaty palms
24 rocks
each one knowing they were created for this very moment

to collide with that girls window
screaming
' WE WANT YOU. WE NEED YOU. YOU YOU YOU'

And she comes to the window in a cliche night gown


AND THE AUDIENCE WAITS...

will she frown at him and climb back into bed....
will she close her curtains?!


Or will she smile
disappear
leaving us sick to our stomachs
than appear through the front door


And we breathe out of relief.

sometimes I feel like a silly rock.

that's all.

No comments: